PADI Instructor Course
The main objective of the IDC is prepare you for teaching in the real world – not just to pass the IE!
The PADI IDC (Instructor Development Course) shows you how to become a good instructor & how to use all the available PADI educational materials to efficiently and effectively teach your students in the future.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of PADI programs from the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course to the PADI Divemaster Course.
During the IDC, you’ll learn to use and adapt the PADI System of diver education to individual student needs. Comprehensive training, supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials, earns PADI Instructors respect from both students and peers. You’ll practice teaching on your fellow IDC candidates and our staff, allowing you to see how others teach, what works for them, and tips that will make you a better instructor when you finish the course.
Once you have completed the IDC you will be ready to sit the I.E. (Instructor Examination), a 2-3 day exam hosted by PADI representatives on scheduled dates.
- 18 years +
- Must have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months
- Must be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor
- Must have been certified as a diver for at least six months
- Must be fit for diving and provide a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
If you do not currently meet the course requirements, Scubafish also offer combination course packages to cover you from Open Water, Advanced Open Water, etc. through to Instructor level. These package include accommodation and equipment.
PADI IDC Course Options
IDC (Instructor) Course
(These prices include all required Instructor materials, EFRI Course and EAN Instructor if you are a Nitrox certified diver already)
IDC (Instructor) Course
e-IDC (Instructor) Course
Please be aware that these prices are for the Instructor Course. You will have to pay the following separately by credit card to PADI:
- Instructor Examination – 710 AUS $
- O.W.S.I. (Instructor) Application Fee – 188 AUS $
- E.F.R.I. (EFR Instructor) Application Fee – 124 AUS $
- EANx .I. ( Nitrox Instructor) Application Fee – 73 AUS $
| 152-152/1 Moo 5, Ko Lanta Yai, Ko Lanta, Krabi, 81150, Thailand | T: +66 75 665 095, M: +66 831 753 077, F: +66 75 665 096, E: firstname.lastname@example.org | © Copyright 2003-2017 scubafish.com. All rights reserved. | TAT #34/00127 | PADI #36035 |