The 2-day PADI Scuba Diver course is designed to take you through the first part of the Open Water course and leads to a limited certification, which can be upgraded at any time, to the full Open Water certification if this is your goal. The Scuba Diver course opens the door to the underwater world for anyone who thinks that a full course might take too long or be too difficult.
09:00 – 16:30
(classroom & pool)
|Watch DVD’s and complete Knowledge Reviews in the morning. After lunch it’s time to get wet! Move to the pool to learn how to set up your Dive Equipment and practice some underwater skills.|
08:00 – 15:30
(day on the boat – 2 dives)
|Your mission today is to complete 2 dives to 12m. During the boat journey you’ll set up your equipment, discuss dive objectives and get into the habit of pre-dive safety checks before each dive.|
- Age 10+
- 2 Days
- Can SwimThe waterskills assessment portion of this course requires that you complete a 10 minute swim/float in deep water.
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
eLearning courses are available in most languages.
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- As much pool time as you need
- Dive equipment rental
- Dive computer & compass rental
- Log binder
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Extra Course Dive x1 – 3,700 THB
- Extra Course Dive x2 – 5,200 THB
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Certified to dive to a max depth of 12m (40 ft)
- Must be accompanied by a PADI professional
- Upgrade to full Open Water license at any time
- Add an exciting new dimension to your world!
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Your next step would be to complete the full PADI Open Water Diver Course – your life-long licence to dive, anywhere in the world, for the rest of your life.
After that you can set your sights on the Advanced and Specialty Diver courses in which you broaden your range of diving skills and experiences.
Once you’re certified, you can also make some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
Learning to dive is an experience that changes your life. Gain the skills, experience and knowledge to make your diving safe and fun, as well as a license to dive anywhere in the world, as long as you’re accompanied by a certified PADI Professional, to a maximum depth of 12 m.
What will I learn in the PADI Scuba Diver Course?
The 2 day course is split into three segments which include academic training, self-study sessions, pool work and 2 open water dives:
During the classroom session in the morning, you’ll gain the knowledge, dive theory principles and basic information required to make your diving safe and fun.
PADI courses are designed to help you learn in the way that’s best for you. Courses combine visual, reading, writing and practical learning techniques to ensure you really understand each section.
Watch multi-media DVD presentations, complete knowledge reviews and take 3 quizzes to cement your learning.
In the afternoon, you’ll learn how to assemble and take care of your dive equipment, before moving to one of our resort pools to start the practical section. Practice underwater skills and complete your confined-water training.
You’ll have plenty of time to get comfortable with your equipment, practise some common dive procedures, simulate potential problematic situations and scenarios and increase your confidence about scuba diving in shallow water before progressing on to make your dives in the ocean.
During the day out on the boat, you’ll complete 2 open water dives to a maximum depth of 12m under the direct supervision of your PADI Instructor. Set up your equipment, practice pre-dive safety checks and successfully perform some of the skills you practiced in the pool.
You must complete a basic waterskills assessment in which you are required to swim or float for 10 minutes in deep water. Complete your learning by applying the principles you learned in the pool to your open water dives and enjoy some of the fantastic marine life that Ko Lanta has to offer.
PADI Course Health Requirements
National Marine Park Fees
Since this is a seasonal charge, this is not included in the course price.
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?