|Meet your Instructor and refresh setting up your equipment and your underwater confined skills in one of our resort pools for free.
|Your mission today is to complete 2 dives to 12m. During the boat journey to the dive sites you’ll set up your equipment, discuss dive objectives and get into the habit of pre-dive safety checks before each dive.
08:00 – 15:30
|Today you’ll complete 2 further training dives to 18m having planned your dives with your Instructor. Successfully perform some of the skills from your pool training for your Instructor and your PADI Dive Licence is in the bag – a world of adventure awaits…!|
- Age 10+
- Dependent (2 days)
- Basic swimming skillsIt is worth noting that the waterskills assessment portion of this course requires that you swim 200 meters in deep water.
- Referral Documentation
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Health Requirements
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
eLearning courses are available in most languages.
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- As much pool time as you need
- Dive equipment rental
- Dive computer & compass rental
- Log binder
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Extra Course Dive x1 – 2,600 THB
- Extra Course Dive x2 – 5,200 THB
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Certified to dive to a max depth of 18m (60 ft)
- Add an exciting new dimension to your world!
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Your next step would be to complete the Advanced and Specialty Diver courses in which you broaden your range of diving skills and experiences.
Once you’re certified, you can also make some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn in the PADI Open Water Referral Course?
The Most Popular Open Water Referral Course consists of three segments, two of which you’d complete elsewhere:
Home Dive Centre :You’ll gain the knowledge, dive principles and basic information required to make your diving safe and fun in our classroom sessions.
PADI courses are designed to help you learn in the way that’s best for you. Courses combine visual, reading, writing and practical learning techniques to ensure you really understand each section.
Watch DVD’s, complete 5 knowledge reviews, quizzes and your final exam, as well to cement your learning, as well as learn about safe dive planning using Dive Computers.
Home Dive Centre: Learn how to assemble and take care of your dive equipment, and practice and complete your underwater-skills training in your home dive centre’s swimming pool.
You’ll have plenty of time to get comfortable with your equipment, apply common dive procedures, simulate potential problematic situations and scenarios and increase your confidence about scuba diving in shallow water before progressing on to make your dives in the ocean. Refresh your confined skills for free here with Scubafish, if you wish
Here with Scubafish: During the days out on the boat, you’ll complete 2 open water dives to a maximum depth of 12m, and 2 to 18m under the direct supervision of your PADI Instructor. Set up your equipment, practice pre-dive safety checks and successfully perform some of the skills you practiced in the pool.
You must complete a basic waterskills assessment in which you are required to float for 10 minutes, and swim 200m in deep water. Complete your learning by applying the principles you learned in the pool to your open water dives and enjoy some of the fantastic marine life that Ko Lanta has to offer.
The documentation you need to bring from your home Instructor is either a copy of your Student Record file, or a referral form. Your Instructor needs to sign you off on all the parts you have completed already. Then your PADI Instructor here, can just continue where you have left off.
PADI Course Health Requirements
National Marine Park Fees
Since this is a seasonal charge, this is not included in the course price.
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?
The PADI Open Water Diver Course will give you a license to dive to a max depth of 18m, anywhere in the world.