PADI Discover Scuba Diving is a short course designed to introduce you to the underwater world safely and with minimal training.
08:00 – 3:30pm
|Find out what it feels like to breathe underwater in a safe and controlled environment and try scuba diving in the swimming pool. You’ll learn a few of the basic scuba diving skills under the careful supervision of a PADI Instructor. If you feel comfortable in the pool you can progress on to making a dive or two in the ocean.
(Pool + Boat)
|Learn some basic skills in the pool and have time to get comfortable with the equipment and your instructor. You can then complete two dives to a maximum depth of 12m, accompanied by a PADI Instructor.
|If you’ve dived before or are very comfortable in water, but don’t have a license, skip the pool training session and go straight out on the boat to complete a dive or two at one of Lanta’s top dive sites. Run through a few skills with your instructor in shallow water before continuing into deeper water for your first dive.|
- Age 10+
- 0.5 – 1.5 Days
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (2:1 Instructor normally, max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials
- Dive equipment rental
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- You’ll be able to dive for 12 months as long as you’re accompanied by a PADI professional.
- The skills you complete in the pool may be credited toward the PADI Scuba Diver or PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- See what the fuss is all about!
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Your next step would be to complete the PADI Open Water Diver Course the first certification level course.
Or perhaps you just feel like repeating this experience? Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn during PADI Discover Scuba Diving?
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course consists of three quick and easy steps to get you in the water:
A brief introduction on what to expect, basic safety concepts, hand signal communication and equipment use. This will either involve a short DVD and a talk with your instructor, or if you are taking the boat only option an introductory briefing and presentation from your instructor during the journey.
An introduction to breathing rules and equalisation techniques. You’ll breathe and swim underwater, as well as learn how to clear your regulator and mask in either one of our pools or at the start of your first dive in shallow water from the boat. It is advisable to try the equipment, techniques and skills in the pool to increase your confidence before heading out on the boat if you have the time, or are a little nervous.
Choose to make 1 or 2 dives from the boat to a maximum depth of 12 meters under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor. Descend slowly with your instructor over a shallow sandy area before progressing a little deeper and exploring the underwater world.
PADI Course Health Requirements
National Marine Park Fees
Since this is a seasonal charge, this is not included in the course price.
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?