The PADI Rescue Diver Course is a pivotal step in expanding a diver’s knowledge and experience to include the safety and well-being of other divers.
09:00 – 17:00
(Classroom and Pool)
|Watch the Rescue dvd and complete Knowledge Reviews in the morning. Move to the pool and practice the more simple rescue skills exercises, such as self-rescue, tried diver, panicked diver, distressed diver underwater, missing diver and response from shore.
Flexible – as required
(Classroom and Pool)
|Complete any knowledge development and reviews, and sit your final exam (50 multiple-choice questions). Practice the more complex rescue exercises in the pool, including surfacing an unconscious diver, unresponsive diver at the surface, and exiting the unresponsive diver.|
08:00 – 15:30
|During the boat journey to the dive sites you’ll locate the emergency and safety equipment on board and practice setting up Oxygen equipment. You’ll practice and review each of the 10 rescue exercises again in an open water setting at the dive sites.
08:00 – 15:30
|Today you’ll have the chance again to practice any of the rescue exercises or skills you feel less sure of, before your final assessment – the successful completion of 2 Rescue Scenarios. Be prepared for anything!
- Age 12+
- 4 Days
- Certified Advanced Diver or Adventure Diver with Navigation dive
- CPR & First Aid qualification dated within 2 years. Divers who do not meet this requirements should look at the EFR Course
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
eLearning Rescue Banner
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
eLearning courses are available in most languages.
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- As much pool time as you need
- Dive equipment rental
- Compass rental
- Pocket Mask
- SMB (Safety Balloon)
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Extra Course Dive x1 – 2,600 THB
- Extra Course Dive x2 – 5,200 THB
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Certified to dive to a max depth of 18m/30m (60/100 ft)
- An aware and responsible scuba diver!
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Or perhaps you’re considering going pro? Turn your hobby into a career with the <PADI Divemaster Course
Once you’re certified, you can also make some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn in the PADI Rescue Diver Course?
The PADI Rescue Course consists of three segments:
You’ll watch the Rescue Diver dvd in classroom sessions, complete the 5 knowledge reviews, and take a final exam to assess your understanding of subjects such as the psychology of rescue, being prepared for diver emergencies and accident management. You will also prepare an Emergency Assistance Plan for the Lanta Dive Sites.
PADI courses are designed to help you learn in the way that’s best for you. Courses combine visual, reading, writing and practical learning techniques to ensure you really understand each section.
Learn rescue techniques from simple self-rescue to the more complex missing diver search patterns and resuscitation of an unconscious diver at the surface through pool and beach exercises, demonstrations and practice.
You’ll have plenty of time to get comfortable with your equipment, apply common dive procedures, simulate potential problematic situations and scenarios and increase your confidence about rescue techniques in shallow water before progressing on to attempt these in the ocean.
Complete all 10 rescue exercises again in open water, learn to use your safety sausage (surface signaling device) and role-play 2 realistic Rescue Scenarios applying all you’ve learnt about dive accident and scene management to actual dive sites.
PADI Course Health Requirements
National Marine Park Fees
Since this is a seasonal charge, this is not included in the course price.
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?