The 2 day PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course is designed to familiarize divers with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and excitement of diving on wrecks.
08:00 – 3:30pm
|Today you’ll complete Wreck Dive One and Two, (possibly even 3!) diving in the 18 – 30 m depth range. You’ll swim around the outside of the wreck, navigate back to your ascent point, identify and avoid potential hazards, locate points of interest and survey the wreck for possible penetration.|
08:00 – 15:30
| Wreck Dives three and four are conducted in the 18 – 40 m depth range. You’ll deploy and retrieve a penetration line, and practice maintaining contact with this without stirring up any silt on the outside of the wreck. You’ll then plan and perform actual wreck penetration with a dive light!
- Age 15+
- Must be at least an Adventure Diver.
- 2 Days
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
PADI Wreck Diver Specialty, Age 15+, 2-days
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- Dive equipment rental
- Dive compass,torch and computer rental
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Extra Course Dive x1 – 3,700 THB
- Extra Course Dive x2 – 5,200 THB
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Certified to dive a variety of wrecks
- Add an exciting new dimension to your world!
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Your next step may be to complete a further 4 PADI Specialty Courses – 5 PADI Specialties allows you to apply to be a Master Scuba Diver, the highest non-professional level in recreational diving!
Or perhaps you just feel like making some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn in the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Diver Course?
The 2 day course consists of two main areas which include academic training via self-study sessions, and 4 wreck dives:
Self-study: Learn about the additional planning, equipment considerations, safety aspects and benefits of wreck diving. Read about hazards and value of wrecks and the social and legal issues surrounding them, and complete the knowledge review.
PADI courses are designed to help you learn in the way that’s best for you. Courses combine visual, reading, writing and practical learning techniques to ensure you really understand each section.
During the days out on the boat and 4 wreck dives on the King Cruiser Wreck you’ll learn how to navigate to your ascent point, explore the outside of a wreck identifying hazards and points of interest, survey the wreck for penetration, learn to deploy a penetration line, use a dive light and avoid silting.
PADI Course Health Requirements
Are there additional charges?
National Marine Park Entry Fees: – 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April) – There may be a fuel surcharge to visit some of the further away dive sites if you choose to dive these sites during your course.
- King Cruiser Wreck (+ Shark Point & Anemone Reef): + 1,200 THB [Friday]
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?
PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course, Age 15+, 2-days