The 2 day PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Diver Course is designed to teach effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface. Small, large or just awkward, there is a way to bring them up.
08:00 – 3:30pm
|You’ll complete 2 Search & Recovery dives, searching areas of 15m x 15m to find a small object,
30 x 30m, and 18m x 18m to locate an object up to 10kgs in weight when negatively buoyant. You’ll tie a bowline, sheet bend and two half-hitches and surface the object using a lift bag.
08:00 – 15:30
|You’ll complete 2 further Search & Recovery dives, searching an area of 60m x 60m using the Jackstay pattern, then rig and surface said object. For your final dive you’ll organize, plan and conduct a search & recovery dive -choosing the appropriate pattern and lift method based on facts presented before the dive.|
- Age 12+
- Must be at least Open Water Diver with Navigator Specialty or an Advanced Diver
- 2 Days
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
PADI Search & Recovery Specialty, Age 12+, 2-days
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- Dive equipment rental
- Dive compass and lift-bag rental
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Extra Course Dive x1 – 3,700 THB
- Extra Course Dive x2 – 5,200 THB
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Learn useful underwater search patterns
- Learn to use underwater lift-bags safely
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Your next step may be to complete a further 4 PADI Specialty Courses – 5 PADI Specialties allows you to apply to be a Master Scuba Diver, the highest non-professional level in recreational diving!
Or perhaps you just feel like making some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn in the PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Diver Course?
The 2 day course consists of two main areas which include academic training via self-study sessions, and 4 open water deep dives:
Self-study: You’ll gain the knowledge, dive theory principles and basic information required to make your S&R diving safe and fun. You’ll learn about the potential hazards, visibility, bottom topography considerations employed when searching for a submerged object. You’ll also be introduced to knot-tying and a variety of search patterns appropriate for different search areas.
PADI courses are designed to help you learn in the way that’s best for you. Courses combine visual, reading, writing and practical learning techniques to ensure you really understand each section.
During the days out on the boat and 4 Search & Recovery Dives you’ll practice a range of search patterns over different sized areas to locate lost objects of varying sizes.
Once located you will tie knots, rig and then lift these objects to the surface (using lift bags where appropriate).
PADI Course Health Requirements
Are there additional charges?
National Marine Park Entry Fees: – 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?
PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Course, Age 12+, 2-days