The 2 day PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course is designed to familiarize scuba divers with the skills, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of diving between the depths of 18 meters and 40 meters.
08:00 – 3:30pm
|Today you’ll complete Deep Dive One and Two, diving in the 18 – 30 m depth range. You’ll complete a navigation swim at depth, experience and record colour loss, and the effects of pressure on different objects. Use your dive computer to ascend within a safe ascent rate and make your safety stops.|
08:00 – 15:30
|Deep Dives Three and Four are conducted in the 18 – 40 m depth range. You’ll conduct a timed comparison task, set up and use a hang tank and perform a simulated 8 minute decompression stop.
- Age 15+
- Must be at least an Adventure Diver
- 2 Days
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
PADI Deep Diver Specialty, Age 15+, 2-days
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
What's included in the price?
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- Dive equipment rental
- Dive computer & compass rental
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Extra Course Dive x1 – 3,700 THB
- Extra Course Dive x2 – 5,200 THB
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Certified to dive to a max depth of 40m
- Add an exciting new dimension to your world!
How often do courses run?
How long does each dive last?
What's the next step?
Your next step may be to complete a further 4 PADI Specialty Courses – 5 PADI Specialties allows you to apply to be a Master Scuba Diver, the highest non-professional level in recreational diving!
Or perhaps you just feel like making some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn in the PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course?
The 2 day course consists of two main areas which include academic training via self-study sessions, and 4 open water deep dives:
Self-study: You’ll gain the knowledge, dive theory principles and basic information required to make your deep diving safe and fun. Learn about the additional planning, equipment considerations, safety aspects and benefits of diving to the greatest depths recommended to recreational divers and complete the knowledge review.
PADI courses are designed to help you learn in the way that’s best for you. Courses combine visual, reading, writing and practical learning techniques to ensure you really understand each section.
During the days out on the boat, you’ll complete 4 Deep Specialty dives to a maximum depth of 40m under the direct supervision of your PADI Instructor. Your first 2 dives are in the 18 m – 30 m range, and a further 2 in the 18 – 40 m range.
You’ll learn how to set a drop tank, deploy a DSMB (Delayed Surface Marker Buoy), practice planning and diving with a dive computer, and discover your reactions to nitrogen narcosis and colour loss.
PADI Course Health Requirements
Are there additional charges?
National Marine Park Entry Fees: – 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
– There may be a fuel surcharge to visit some of the further away dive sites if you choose to dive these sites during your course.
- King Cruiser Wreck (+ Shark Point & Anemone Reef): + 1,200 THB [Friday]
- Hin Daeng & Hin Muang: + 1,000 THB [Monday, Wednesday, Saturday]
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?
PADI Deep Diver Course, Age 15+, 2-days