The 2 or 3 day PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course offers something for everyone and is a great way to increase your confidence and extend or improve the scope of your diving.
08:00 – 15:30
|If you haven’t dived for a while then your first dive will be a free scuba review to re-acquaint you with dive equipment and procedures. This would be followed by 1 adventure dive as previously agreed with your Instructor. Should you not require this then your mission will be to complete 2 adventure dives today!|
08:00 – 15:30
|Today you’ll continue your adventure by completing 2 further adventure dives – go explore! You’ll also review your completed knowledge reviews with your Instructor during the journey.
08:00 – 15:30
|Complete your last 2 adventure dives, or your last adventure dive and a fun dive (or maybe you’ll sneak in the additional dive needed to be certified as a specialty diver). Successfully complete the performance requirements and your PADI Advanced Licence is in the bag!
- Certified Open Water Diver
- Age 12+
- 2/3 Days
- Can SwimThe waterskills assessment portion of this course requires that you complete a 10 minute swim/float in deep water.
- In Good HealthNot suffering from a cold or ear infection, and meet PADI Course Health Requirements.
The scheduling for the 2 day course is similar to the 3 day option, except that on one of the days you will complete 3 adventure dives instead of 2. On the 3 dive day you will complete your Navigation Adventure Dive at shallow depth during a short dive in the surface interval/ lunch break.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- AWARE Fish ID
- Underwater Naturalist
- Multi-level & Computer Diving
- Search & Recovery
- Underwater Photography
- Underwater Videography
- Boat Diving
- Wreck Diving(high season only - we schedule trips to the King Cruiser Wreck on fridays)
Why Choose Scubafish?
- Exceptional Service
- Personal Teaching Methods
- Unrivaled Reputation
- Pool-Based Learning
- Small Groups
- Private Instruction if you prefer
- Luxury Dive Boats – fastest journey times to Thailand’s top dive sites
- Latest Teaching Methods & Materials
- Diving Memories – professional U/W Photographer or Videographer onboard
- Environmentally Aware
- Highly Recommended – by TripAdvisor & Lonely Planet
- Highest Quality Dive Equipment
What languages can I learn in?
Course materials (DVDs, manuals, quizzes & exams) are available in many other languages allowing us to run the following semi-supported courses:
- other languages available on request
eLearning courses are available in most languages.
What's included in the price?
- Free Scuba Review with the 3 day course if you haven’t dived for a while, or a fun dive if you don’t require this
- Free transfers to & from any Lanta resort
- Small groups (max 4 per Instructor)
- The lastest PADI course materials & manuals
- PADI certification fees (incl. digital photos)
- Dive equipment rental
- Dive computer & compass rental
- Nitrox tank if you choose the Nitrox Adventure Dive
- Waterproof zip bag
- Free Scubafish T-Shirt
When you are out on the dive boats we also include:
- Drinking water
- Iced Coffee
- Fruit juices
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh fruit
- Private Instructor – 2,000 THB p/day
- Lifetime license to dive anywhere in the world
- Worldwide recognition
- Certified to dive to a max depth of 30m (100 ft)
- Easily combined with Specialty Courses
- Add an exciting new dimension to your world!
How often do courses run?
Are there additional charges?
National Marine Park Entry Fees:
– 600 B p/day – High Season only (November-April)
– If you choose the Underwater Photography or Video dives we offer reduced camera rental rates.
– There may be a fuel surcharge to visit some of the further away dive sites if you choose to dive these sites during your course.
- King Cruiser Wreck (+ Shark Point & Anemone Reef): + 1,200 THB [Friday]
- Hin Daeng & Hin Muang: + 1,000 THB [Monday, Wednesday, Saturday]
What's the next step?
If you particularly enjoyed one of your adventure dives you might consider a Specialty Diver course which would teach you even more specifics about your area of interest.
Or you may set your sights upon the PADI Rescue Diver Course.
Once you’re certified, you can also make some dives for fun! Scubafish is ideally located in the South of Ko Lanta to offer shorter journey times on daily dive trips to some of the best dive sites in Thailand.
What will I learn in the PADI Advanced Course?
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course consists of two main areas, and is dive-led:
Self-study -You’ll be provided with a manual, and tasked to read the chapter related to the specific dive you have chosen (chapters are about 20 pages long). Complete the Knowledge Review for that chapter (about 12-15 questions) which you review with your Instructor before your dive. There are no DVD’s, quizzes or exams to complete, and no classroom sessions!
During the day out on the boat, You’ll complete 5 adventure dives including the compulsory Deep Adventure Dive and Navigation Adventure Dive, plus 3 of your own choosing. Set up your equipment and complete your pre-dive safety checks.
PADI Course Health Requirements
National Marine Park Fees
Since this is a seasonal charge, this is not included in the course price.
Have you checked out our Frequently Asked Questions?